Study Suggests The Pressure Of Nutrition And Diet On Women’s Mental Health – 5 Diet Tips To Improve Women’s Mood | Photo credit: Pixabay
- The holistic health of every human being is multifactorial
- The cause of mental distress in humans can be a consequence of various events
- Recent study suggests the effect of nutrition on women’s mental health
New Delhi: Science has made it clear that nutrition plays a major role in the overall health of the human body. Studies have supported this claim and with advancements in the field, new data regarding the importance and effects of nutrition are emerging. According to a study published in the Journal of Personalized Medicine titled “Personalized Diet May Promote Exercise and Improve Mental Well-Being in Mature Adults: The Role of Exercise as a Mediator”, the effect of nutrition on women’s mental health is greater than that of men.
Women’s nutrition and mental health
The study was conducted at Binghamton University and aimed to identify the effect of a personalized diet on mood in women and men aged 30 or older. The study may help mental health professionals better understand the management of women’s mental health,
Lina Begdache, assistant professor of health and wellness studies at Binghamton University and author of the study, said: âWe found a general relationship between healthy eating and adherence to healthy eating practices. , exercise and mental well-being. Interestingly, we found that for unhealthy eating habits, the level of mental distress was higher in women than in men, which confirmed that women are more likely than men to have an unhealthy diet.
âFast food, skipping breakfast, caffeine, and high glycemic index (HG) foods are all associated with mental distress in mature women. Fruits and dark green leafy vegetables (DGLV) are associated with mental well-being. The additional information we learned from this study is that exercise significantly reduced the negative association of HG food and fast food with mental distress, âadded Begadache.
Mood Boosting Lifestyle Tips For Women
Here are some tips to improve the mood of women:
- Get at least 30 minutes of exercise every day to improve your mental and physical health.
- Eat a healthy diet with balanced nutrients and a sufficient amount of water every day.
- Practice stress relief techniques such as yoga, meditation, listening to music, and aromatherapy.
- Get enough sleep and try to reduce your screen time to stay well rested.
- Laughter can help improve mood because it can cause dopamine to be released in the body.
Disclaimer: The tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purposes only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or dietitian before starting a fitness program or making any changes to your diet.